Sunday, July 22, 2007

I have a new name

Bobby Wawa. All the girl kids call me it. So here's the story.

Remember the blog thing I wrote on my personal blog about how Korean people always get so confused about my name and call me Barbie? Apparently, Bobby sounds like Barbie in Chinese (Mandarin or Sichuanhua, I'm not sure). And wawa means doll. So they call me Bobby Wawa.

My shoes are wonderful. I bought them on Boxing Day. I needed shoes with good ankle support, so I got some basketball shoes. The guy at Sportcheck told me about these great vents on the bottom that let my feet breathe. All the guys there bought this shoe for playing basketball. Sounds great! I got them cheap because it was Boxing Day!

In Vancouver, this vent "feature" sometimes felt like a bug. Whenever you step in a puddle, you can guess what happens. Here in ZJ, where it has been raining for almost a week, I have experienced the "benefits" of this "feature" every day. Especially today, after playing soccer with the soccer camp's kids. It was raining, and I slipped too easily (four times?). I need new socks. Or I need to wash my old ones fast. I'm wearing Tim's socks right now.

Back to class tomorrow. It's getting interesting. We had an interesting discussion on fighting. When is fighting ok, when is it not ok? What's the difference between a bully and a protector? Why should fighting not be taken lightly, and why should one tread with caution? I hope that we have calmed them down a bit. This class in particular was very rowdy. Aussie-Rule Duck Duck Goose. I've never seen anything like it.

We are going to be going more into personal development lessons later this week. Please keep it in mind.

Bobby Wawa

No comments: